Thursday, September 15, 2011

Art art everywhere.

Florence is the best. I could give a detailed description of everything I've seen but it would take forever and I haven't had lunch. So i shall compose a list:
-The Duomo (found it on the way to a club, best thing to happen upon after a zillion miles of street walking at night)
-The Academia (I saw David. I love David. We have plans to hang out.)
-The Ponte Vecchio. (They have a tradition here where couples write their names on locks and then throw away the key to sinify that they are sticking with eachother and there were HUNDREDS at the Ponte Vecchio. Also Rach and I had our first gelatto there).
-The first church built in Florence...INCREDIBLE. This place will make me feel inadequate as an artist for the rest of time.
-The Gate of Paradise...need I say more? I drooled.
-The Piazza Michelangelo (it looks out over the whole city)
AAAAAND there is much more. The school gave us a card that gives us free access to most big deal museums and allows us to cut the line. I intend to go to each about 16 times.

As far as class goes I'm greatly enjoying it. I have two close friends from the SU sculpture department, Kelly and Lea with whom I trek all about to our various (across the freaking city) classes. We have the exact same schedule which is fun. Our jewlery and metalsmithing class is in a place called Fuji studios which is like the baby ComArt of Florence. Our weving class is probably a good two or three miles from school, but its in an old weaving factory which is really cool.

Mondays and Wednesdays are actually absurd. We have classes from 8:50 to 7:30 and I have had quite interesting experiences getting back to my host families house from class. Fortunately they are classes I like with people I enjoy in a city that could not be more gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment