Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MORE MORE

Oh boy. So i have internet access pretty much only tuesdays and thursdays. Which explains my unfortunate blogging patterns.
But updates!
This past weekend my two sculpture buddies Kelly and Lea and I went back to Castel Franco di Sopra(the beautiful town where Ben is living) for a pizza party. Two things to elaborate on here. One, Italian transportation is the worst. Ended up in the wrong town and maaaaybe hitchhicked to the right one! Two, when i saw pizza party i am talking homemade pizza..(down to the flour the dough was made with). There was also homemade wine and people representing about 10 different countries. It was most certainly a night I will always remember. It was actually my second venture to Castel Franco (the first one I also got on the wrong bus and walked about 4 km to get back on track).
Castel Franco is maybe the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The house where Ben is working is actually outside the town itself. It sits on top of a hill overlooking miles of truly perfect Tuscan countryside. We're talking rolling hills, some body of water out in the distance and terra cotta roofs all the way. When I went there the first time Ben and I did a fair amount of walking around and chatting with the other american couple who were WOOFFing there for the week and Giordano, the owner of the house and a seriously interesting guy. He and his fiance erica made us dinner and the three couples had dinner that probably should have been in a movie.
Now wait for it ladies and gents, this weekend is Padua and Venice....for the Venice Biannele....for those of you who don't know it is THE LARGEST ART FAIR IN THE WORLD. I am so excited. SO EXCITED! I leave tomorrow with Kelly and Lea.
One last side note of interest is our discovery of a Jazz Club (which we intend to become regulars at). They have a different thing going on every night and it is one of the best night time activities in Florence in my opinion. (also they serve ABSURD Chianti wine).

1 comment:

  1. When you go to Venice, check out the cemetery island. Its HUGE and beautiful. Also, I am insanely jealous that you will be there for the Biennial. Lucky.....

    ReplyDelete